Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Police in Vancouver - One Citizen's Arresting Encounter

While out with friends last night at Cin Cin for Dine Out Vancouver, I subtly cranked my neck around to scan the too-90's decor. Lo and behold, a few tables away sat Sting and The Police.

Sting and his reunited bandmates sat at a long table with a dozen or so friends and associates. He was lookin' pretty dapper in black pants and suit jacket, with a casual black T-shirt underneath. While imbibing some rouge vin, he seemed pretty relaxed all in all. No sign of Trudi Styler, but Sting was seated next to an attractive brunette who tended to smile alot.

Later, in the loo, I actually bumped into drummer Stewart Copeland. Despite trying to get my Welcome Wagon on, he was not a friendly camper. I surely wasn't overbearing or groupie-ish; instead I merely welcomed him and his peeps back to Vancouver, but Copeland was clearly only concerned with taking care of business. A point well-made by the stall door shutting behind him. So be it! My camera phone was sadly unable to work its measly 1.3mp to capture this.

No comments: