Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Apple of my iTunes

All you people with turquoise as your birth stone (like me) may find total and complete glory with a visit to the shiny, new Apple store in Vancouver. That's because the staff members wear turquoise T-shirts.

But if you don't feel affection for that colour (like me), then a visit to this city's first and only Apple store will make you hate your eyes (...like me).

But upon closer inspection, I quite enjoyed the slogan carried across the chest of the shirt.

The guy wearing that shirt represented quite well the good natured vibe of the people working there, each ready to chat endlessly about Apple products. I realize of course that is what they're paid to do, but they certainly have a knack for appearing effortless in their forthcoming approach to you, the customer. One cannot help but get the impression they all sincerely enjoy their work.

A staff member of obvious English origin asked how we were doing and did we have any questions. I let him know that it'll soon be time for me to consider another purchase of a tasty slice of Apple hardware to get me through my computing necessities and obsessions. Yes, it's time to "thinnovate" as the portmanteau on the poster at the entrance to the store encourages you to do.

He let me know that the store offers a personal shopper-type of service. Basically, you can make an appointment for your visit to the store to be accompanied by a staff person to guide you through the tantalizing array of creative products in the store.

The store also carries Bose sound systems which are hot little numbers, indeed. My Mom just got one and the sound it produces kinda makes you wanna believe that not all advertising is a bogus lie.

The reason Bose is in the Apple store is it features an iPod docking station. Fortunately, on the Bose we looked at, we discovered a Madonna song on the sample player docked to it. Because we temporarily abandoned our couth, we turned the volume *really* loud.

Here you can see Nicole & Suzanne diggin' Madge. I believe the tune was Hung Up (the one from a few years ago with the Abba sample). Between them, in the background, you can see another customer attempting to retain a shred of decency to compensate for our lack thereof.

Vancouver's new Apple store is right downtown in Pacific Centre.

No comments: