Thursday, November 15, 2007

Let's Face It

So far, I've managed to resist the hype about Facebook. I just really don't see the point of it. I had my fill of counting friends when I was in high school. Plus, I also don't get thrilled about the idea of getting caught up in the trendy side of the big 'ol Interweb. Last year it was My Space, this year it's Facebook and next year, who knows? My Space Book, perhaps?

But, I'll admit there are 3 things about Facebook that I can appreciate:

1. The guy who created it has achieved remarkable business success since it is now valued at about $15 billion. You could buy a lot of Facebook friends with that kind of cash.

2. It seems like a good way to see photos (although I prefer Google's Picasa site)

3. It allows groups of people to come together out here in Real World, instead of just online. Remember that massive Facebook-inspired water gun fight last summer in Stanley Park? (It got 6 o'clock news coverage - that's how I knew about it)

With that final point of likeability about Facebook in mind, I wanted to give you a link to a new group on Facebook which will connect you to one of coolest things in Vancouver coming up in the new year… Dine Out Vancouver!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18974992448

Dine Out Vancouver is the best reason to go out for dinner in this town. And let there be no confusion, this town is hands-down one of the best towns for dining out and experiencing absolutely outstanding culinary environments.

Put a reminder in your calendar for right after the new year to visit this site because that's when you'll be able to view the list of Dine Out Vancouver participating restaurants. Last year there was about 150 of 'em so be sure to check it out and make reservations EARLY to avoid disappointment.

As always, you'll be able to try out prix-fixe menus for $15, $25 and $35. In the meantime, check out that Facebook group to whet your appetite.

No comments: