Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All Hail Vancouver

Today Vancouver gets a gigantic WTF from me.


The other morning on the bus, through my under-caffeinated haze, I overheard a girl telling another girl that she's looking forward to attending her cousin's wedding this summer. Sounds like Vancouverites are making plans for the warmer weather. Clearly I'm not the only one around here ready for the winter thing to be over.

And that's why this town gets a big WTF today. Here we are, almost a week into spring and we're freezing. Even the guy who grilled my lunch yesterday at Great Wall Mongolian BBQ made "cold weather" small-talk with me as the raw ingredients seared on the hot grill.

Out of the clear grey sky this afternoon, a hail storm hit the city with a sudden fury that had me wondering if I'd somehow been instantly transported back to the prairies.

The overcast sky cracked with thunder and was splintered by lightning, looking for a split second like your windshield behind an 18 wheeler.

The annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival may have started yesterday, but it feels like could be a while before things really get bloomin'.

No comments: